Sunday 17 April 2016

Vocations Sunday

My vocation has been a varied and wonderful thing. It started as a vocation to stage management, which led to taking a vocational degree, but that vocation was part of a larger one, the sense of which I've had slowly but steadily growing since the first time I read the stories in my children's illustrated Bibles.

It led me to explore religion in my studies, it gave me the inspiration to start wearing a cross on a chain; my vocation pointed me in the direction of reading the Bible, it pushed me in the direction of Church, then plonked me without much subtlety in a particular church; my vocation pointed me at confirmation, it found voice in choral music; then my vocation kicked me back in the head and I thought "I should do this now."

As you know if you follow this blog, 'this' was start the process of discerning what my long-term vocation is. My stage management has provided opportunity and tools for personal growth, slowly forming the clay into a basic person shape, and now I am turning to the Church to refine and detail what that shape will look like, to be put into the world and formed into the person God is calling me to be.

I feel I am called to facilitate and inspire God's people to worship and to love. The path ahead of me is concealed, all I am doing is following the directions I am pointed in, but my understanding has been and continues to be that somewhere along the journey, I will be ordained. Why do I want to be a priest? It seems inescapable, inevitable, and wholly desirable.

--

On Twitter follow @CofECalling and search #VocationsSunday to hear more.

No comments:

Post a Comment